Ginger Beef Stew

9 comments
Yesterday's weather was quite dark and gloomy. The sky was a sulky blue and the temperature was somewhat cool. When my two little precious bunnies looked up delightfully into the sky, I could see how their beautiful, button-shaped eyes sparkled. They love grey, dusky weather. Cheery sunny weather is much too warm for them. I saw them jump and bounce joyfully. It warms my heart to see them healthy and happy :).


Like my treasured pet rabbits, I also prefer cool, melancholic weather. Such weather also gives me the chance to "warm up my soul" through comfort food - soup and stew :). Rich or light, it doesn't really matter.


I always hated the smell and taste of ginger. It was too pungent for my fussy tastebud. But growing up, I've learned to accept more differences and to try something completely new. Over the years I've grown to love the aromatic smell of ginger in various types of dishes. I start to appreciate its medicinal value and spicy fragrance.

My ginger beef stew is another simple experimentation from my small kitchen. I wanted something soupy but gingery. Ginger was to be the highlight, the heart and soul of this dish, so I didn't really want to use other herbs which might overpower the gingery taste.

Ingredients
  • 5 cups water
  • 300 gr beef, cubed
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 50 gr ginger, sliced
  • 1 onion quartered
  • 10 dried dates
  • 1/4 cup fish sauce
  • 1 Green onion, cut into 2.5 cm length
  • Pepper and sugar to taste
  • 1 boiled egg, for garnish
What to do
  • In boiling water, cook beef together with all other ingredients over low heat, skimming occasionally, for 40 minutes.
  • Serve with rice and garnish with boiled egg.



Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments:

  1. ini pasti healthy food yah , bikin anget jg krn pake Ginger .
    Dried dates (kurma) yah ? fungsi nya buat apa ? biar manis2 dikit ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iya, dried dates buat manis2in. Biasanya juga suka dipake buat soup2 herbal yg Chinese punya, atau, ciapo, katamu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunnies really cute and pretty!
    The beef stew looks good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...your bunnies are soooo cute! The soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww they are so cute!

    This soup is perfect for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, my bunnies are very adorable...! Though they can be crazy too sometimes ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking stew:) the dates look really nice in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your website by coincidence.
    Love all your cooking picture.

    You have 2 adorable bunnies...I had one.

    Are you a member of Bunspace ? Please join if you're interested. My profile is Snowy.

    ReplyDelete