Like my treasured pet rabbits, I also prefer cool, melancholic weather. Such weather also gives me the chance to "warm up my soul" through comfort food - soup and stew :). Rich or light, it doesn't really matter.
I always hated the smell and taste of ginger. It was too pungent for my fussy tastebud. But growing up, I've learned to accept more differences and to try something completely new. Over the years I've grown to love the aromatic smell of ginger in various types of dishes. I start to appreciate its medicinal value and spicy fragrance.
- 5 cups water
- 300 gr beef, cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 50 gr ginger, sliced
- 1 onion quartered
- 10 dried dates
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 Green onion, cut into 2.5 cm length
- Pepper and sugar to taste
- 1 boiled egg, for garnish
- In boiling water, cook beef together with all other ingredients over low heat, skimming occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnish with boiled egg.