Crab and Pork Steamed Dumplings

15 comments


Finally another post... My holiday was over since a few days ago, so my time for religious blogging would probably be reduced quite a lot. But I guess it's also not that bad, because sitting in front of the computer daily for hours cannot be so healthy...;-).

Last week I made crab and pork dumplings. This time I made the dumpling skins using hot water dough, and I have to say I am much more happy with the result of dumplings made from hot water dough than cold water dough. The skins were softer and and more chewy. For the skins I actually just used all-purpose-flour and hot water. You need to add the hot water to the flour little by little until you get a pliable dough.

Ingredients
Dumpling skins
  • 300 gr flour
  • 1 cup boiling water
Filling
  • 250 gr minced crab
  • 100 gr ground pork
  • 2 tbs chopped green onions
  • 1 tbs chives
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbs oyster sauce
  • 1 tbs fish sauce
  • 1 tbs minced ginger
  • 1/2 tsp maggi chicken stock
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • A dash of white pepper and sugar
Dipping Sauce
  • 5 tbs chilli oil
  • 10 tbs Chinkiang vinegar (black rice vinegar)
  • 1 tbs thinly slice ginger
  • 1 tsp chives/green onions






Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments:

  1. Your little shapes are perfection!!!Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are delightful! I love dumplings and make the every now and again but yours look PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..you cooked it by yourself!!!
    you even made the dumpling skin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my they are gorgeous! Look even better than those at dim sum restaurants, and I bet they taste better too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. surely i would make this soon! so yummy, i love dumpling alot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!!!Your pleating is like professional Shi Fu!!! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I just made Guo Tie using hot water dough too! You are absolutely right. The skin is so much more chewy and smooth. I love how your beautiful dumplings look. Kudos to you for the prefect folding! Better than some restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite! It is always good to eat it when it is hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cantiknya , smp ga tega dimakan he222

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...your dumplings are so cute and beautifully done! You have wonderful skills! You are making me miss Hong Kong even more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Great job on the dumpling skins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow ini menarik banget nih... slllrrrpppp

    ReplyDelete
  13. can you tell him how to wrap this (technique)?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your site. Rearlly great recipes! Could the minced crab be recplaced by surimi?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi again ZZ,

    Thanks for the compliment :)! I am trying to keep my site updated, but it's hard, because I don't always have the time to cook;)...! Well, you can surely substitute the minced crab with surimi, but I think it wouldn't really taste as good. I don't actually even recommend it, because it would taste quite bland. How about substituting it with prawns?

    ReplyDelete