Dragon Rilakkuma Bento

30 comments


Another bento lunch to add to the Rilakkuma series :). I am sure, some of you still remember the Koala Rilakkuma and the Tiger Rilakkuma bento. This Rilakkuma bear in a dragon suit was quite challenging to make. And in the end instead of getting some praise for my hard work from my husband, when I asked him to guess what it was, he said it looks like a bunny in a koala suit....;)! Oh well, I don't blame him, the suit doesn't really look like a dragon. I wanted to make a cute dragon, but it turned out more like a green monkey ;).

The green dragon suit was tinted with mashed edamame, the dragon's nose from cheese and some facial features from nori and deli meat.

The other box is filled with chicken katsu, two pieces of steamed shao mai, one deli meat flower, a few pieces of blanched asparagus, two cheese flowers, one slice of nori tamagoyaki, lettuce and half a strawberry. I usually eat my chicken katsu with mayonnaise and tonkatsu sauce. I think mayo and tonkatsu sauce go very well together...!



By the way, I would also like to thank Manu from Manu's Menu for bestowing me with the Versatile Blogger award below. She has many delicious Italian recipes in her blog. Do visit her blog, it's worth it :)!



Lani from Food, Cooking & Capturing and Food, Glorious Food! also gave me these 8 delightful awards :). Thank you for being so kind...! Lani has started making some bento lunches too (Keep up the good work :D)!!) and Food, Glorious Food! is a new food blog with beautiful, mouthwatering recipes and photographs.



Now, I have to get some sleep because it's getting late again here... So, have a good night, everyone :)!


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

30 comments:

  1. Such a great box, I love the cute characters! The deli meat flower is absolutely lovely, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do the cutest bentos! I'd stare at it for an hr before digging in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My nieces love dragons, so I'll have to show them this. And congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- you are an artist!-envy you, and wish I was there to try this art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so adorable! and packed loaded with veggies. really healthy bento set :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. que lindos los personajes me gustan ambas salsas juntas exquisitas,cariños y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award CG! I love mayo & tonkatsu sauce... Even when I eat yakisoba, I make mixture of mayo and tonkatsu sauce and I "dip" noodle in it. Well, some people say it's crazy, but one of my friends in Osaka taught me that's how Osaka people eat it. I'm so happy you like the combination too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahahahahahahhh ya ampun lucu bangeeeet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on all your awards CG! You've got a nice dragon! Wish I have part of your talent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das ist soooo coool ich würde gar nicht erst auf die Idee kommen ;-) super um gesetzt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo cute! Wow, now you're a bento master CG! Need to learn lots from you :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. whoah so many awards! I've none! HAHAHAHA~~
    the dragon is super cute..and for an instance, I thought it's a pig..Oops..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent presentation of the Bento. The Dragon looks too cute :)!

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, don't worry, I made a cake shaped like a dumpling for my friend and he thought it was a giant maggot! Congrats on the awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not only the bears, but the flowers are also attractive, the pink one in particular.
    Good nite : ).

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like the green that you made for the its costume!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the whiskers heheh. Your creativity knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! What can I say... you are just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So nice to learn about your background, it's fascinating! This is yet another stunning bento. I love how creative you are!

    ReplyDelete
  21. No doubt, that bento rice looks so gorgeous! You're such excellent bento maker.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are darling. You are very talented and I can't wait to keep checking in on what you are making! Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe my eyes! This is so beautiful! It's too pretty to be eaten :) Now I'm gonna browse through all your amazing posts to see all the beauty you've created. Really incredibly wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so amazed every time I see your bentos... Not only you are very talented, but so patient...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats dear!!! All your bento are very nice, cute and delicious and you deserve it. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh he was missing me ! Cute bento ! Congrats.
    Do you know "tcheburacha" (Чебурашка)? It's the phonetic name of a famous russian character, he's really loved by children, I thought it could be an inspiration for a charaben, with his big ears and his sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Elo - I don't know the character, but I just googled it and I think it's adorable :). Thank you for the suggestion, I will try to make a Чебурашка bento in the future, probably even quite soon :D)!!

    ReplyDelete