Totoro Bento

30 comments


Totoro without whiskers

Totoro bento to end the week... I've seen Totoro-themed merchandise everywhere but I've never watched the film itself. But I like his chubby posture and cheeky grin, so he's definitely a good model for bento :). A reader has suggested to make him too, so here he is... I'd never imagined that making Totoro would be so much work though, it's really hard to make him, the hardest character I've made so far (maybe because until now I've only done round shaped animals, that's why ;)). One day I'll try to make him again, because I don't think my Totoro is very well-made.



Totoro with whiskers

Bento Box 1: Three fried shrimps, three slices of tamagoyaki filled with spring onions and smoked ham, one deli meat flower, a few pieces of grapes, a few pieces of sugar snap peas, a slice of orange and one cheese flower.

Bento Box 2: Totoro onigiri (the rice is mixed with toasted black sesame seeds), one deli meat flower, four pieces of fried shrimps, a few pieces of sugar snap peas and one cheese flower.

The mini colourful containers are filled with mayonnaise, tonkatsu sauce and chili sauce.


Bookmark and Share
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

30 comments:

  1. Nice and cute as always! :D
    I'll be missing your bento posts... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think your Totoro looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not only the bento looks beautiful, it all sounds delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As beautiful as the rest of your creations:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bento set, and love all inside the bento, they are delicious! You are really talented with these pretty & beautiful bento arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. this is beautiful. You are so creative. I love your little creations. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This is awesome.
    I love Totoro. <3 Wanna have some.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this! what a way to make food look delicious when it already tastes awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totoro!! you never watched it? it is kind of childhood memory for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, all your bentos just so gorgeous! You're such an amazing bento maker! Love all your creations. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great week ahead.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice,totoro,cute,beautiful arrangement

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another favorite Japanese animation of mine... wowww.... i really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This looks amazing!

    Can't wait to see more cute creations!

    I love your blog! It is awsome and very inventive.

    Cheers,
    Yas

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is definitely bentolicious! hehe good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute. I love his smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaahhh...Totoro! It seems like Ponyo would be the next model??

    ReplyDelete
  18. A yummy piece of art:))))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute, I love this little face!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute, especially by colouring Totoro with black sesame! Love the little mayo containers :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute you bentos...I don't think I'd be able to eat them :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YEEESSS You did it for me~~~~ ("a reader" is me, yeah? hahaha) but THANK YOU! As soon as my kids wake up from their nap, I have to show this bento box. :-D How exciting!!!! I'm sorry it was a lot of work.... You did an amazing job though! Super cute! I gotta share it on my facebook. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another gorgeous bento set. I wish I was taking one of this for my office lunch. I can only imagine the "oooohs" and "aahhhhhs".

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute Totoro.. I love Totoro too..
    Love those Cheese Daisies! did you cut petals one by one.. very pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  25. The animal's tummy looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha he's brilliant! I recognised him the second that I saw him! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Nami - Yes, you're THAT reader...;)!! Thanks for the idea, Nami :).

    ReplyDelete